C. Alex Hughes at
For a list of detailed requirements for each office please refer to Article Four in our Bylaws.
1. A regular or tri-fold poster will be allowed for display during the caucus. The size of this poster may not exceed 36 inches tall, 48 inches wide, and 12 inches deep (outside wings 12 inches and middle section 24 inches).
2. All campaign materials are the responsibility of the candidate and must be removed following the completion of the final caucus.
3. No campaigning is allowed in the convention hall during House of Delegates or during any session with speakers.
4. No campaigning is allowed after voting begins.
Speeches and Debate
The Candidates’ Forum and Presidential Debate are opportunities for delegates to hear from each of the candidates for state office as they decide who to vote for. Each of the candidates, except those for the office of President, will have two minutes to present a personal statement, and two minutes for impromptu questioning. Candidates for the office of President will have three minutes to present a personal statement and five minutes for impromptu questioning. They will then participate in a Presidential Debate as outlined below. Please bear in mind the following regulations as you prepare for the Candidates’ Forum and Presidential Debate.
1. Following the close of nominations, the candidates are presented to the House of Delegates. This includes candidates already on the slate and those nominated from the floor.
2. During the Candidates’ Forum, candidates for all offices, except President, will have a total of two minutes to present their personal statement, and up to two minutes for impromptu questioning.
3. Candidates may use notes for impromptu questions.
4. Only the candidates may speak on their own behalf, unless there is illness or an equally good reason for their absence. The Nominating and Elections Committee will decide if the absence is justifiable and, if so, will present the candidates remarks. If possible, a response to an impromptu question will be recorded and played.
5. This meeting is mandatory for all delegates.
Any questions? Please contact Tara Goodman at email@example.com